Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trying out a new tools


I have been playing around with a few things this week, one is my circle cutter the other is some stamps. Top that off with some stinky liver of sulfa and it has been play time in my studio. I have some nasty new neighbors that are very loud until the wee hours of the morning so I have been doing the liver of sulfa outside for their smelling pleasure. If you aren't familiar with the stuff, it smells like you just boiled a boat load of eggs and are peeling them.

So for these little darlings, I took copper sheet and cut them out with the circle punch. It is extremely loud which is another bonus to get back at my noisy neighbors in the morning. Nothing like hammering steel. From there I sand and buff the edges and then the fun begins. More noise! Stamping with one of my steel stamps to create the design. Then I take my circles outside and dip them into the putrid smelling liquid and rinse those bad boys off. Next is the part I hate because my hands are already sore. The sanding. I take a medium grit of steel wool and buff out the black so the stamped images just have the black. Assemble the earrings and hopefully the renters will be putting in their notice lol.



8 comments:

Covered In Crafts said...

Those are super cool!

Mom to 4C boys said...

Those are really pretty. Good luck getting back at your neighbors!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Those are really pretty. I've always wanted to take a silversmithing class, but I'm clumsy and scared of getting burned. I did a PMC class once, so I know what you're talking about with the liver of sulphur (or what ever it's called) stuff. YUCK-O!

Staci said...

Beautiful! I love the flirty beaded anklet too!

Chanel said...

So cute and very creative! I always wanted to make jewelry but never have tried.

Found you through 2peas.

Shell said...

ha ha ha - getting back at your neighbors!

Lovely earrings!

Sarah*Jane said...

Love that stamp design. Gorgeous!

liannallama said...

Those earrings are fabulous! Congrats on all your ribbons!