Monday, August 11, 2008

It was a blue ribbon day

It literally was a blue ribbon day for me. Over the years I have always thought about entering the fair. I thought it would be my cross stitching, however. I decided to bite the bullet and enter. To my surprise all six entries won a blue ribbon. Talk about validation.

The above photo is of two bracelets. The copper one is wire wrapped with different gems and glass beads. The other one is of faceted smokey quartz, Swarovski crystals and the focal bead is chyrsocolla.

This pair of earring was in the metal class. The filigree (the center silver part) is what I created using twisted silver wire and then adhered a bezel with crystal in the center.

This last photo is of three sets of copper earrings. From left to right is cut copper that has been forged with a faceted amethyst, next is my latest technique of stamping on metal. Those circles were cut on a circle cutter, stamped, oxidized and then buffed. Lastly is some wire wrapped earrings with tiny faceted garnets.

I am just tickled. I have never done this before and was so surprised to have received blue ribbons for everything that I submitted. Thanks for letting me share my joy with you all.

11 comments:

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Congrats on the blue ribbons. You are very talented, I am seeing Christmas presents in my near future. I love the second bracelet.

Cece

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, crafty girl!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on the blue ribbons. your jewelry is so beautiful, so original and so fresh. I love it!
you should be proud!!

Chris said...

Congratulations!
You do beautiful work :-)

Kerilou said...

Congrats to you!! All your work is beautiful! Kerilou 2peas

Cynthia said...

Congratulations on the ribbons! Your beadwork is awesome. I'm proud of you for puttin' it out there- I've thought about entering my handmade soap a few times but never seem to do it. Good for you for following through- it seems you were well rewarded for your efforts.

Cloves said...

I love the red bracelet. And the red earrings almost make me wish my ears were still pierced. No wonder you took blue, they look fantastic.

Melanie said...

BEEEE-U-TI-FUL jewelry!! I've been making jewelry this summer so when I saw your post about your blog being more about jewelry I wanted to take a peak. YOUR jewlery is so pretty! A lot more atristic and detailed than anything I've been doing! LOL! Very impressive. Congrats on the blue ribbons, that is SOOO NEAT!!!

Turtle Taylor said...

Congratulations! From the photos, the blue ribbons are obviously well deserved!

~~~~~ The House of Big Cheese~~~~ said...

Stunning!

The Dreamstress said...

Congratulations! I love the red bracelet and those filigree chandelier earrings!