Friday, February 1, 2008

Fabulas Filigree


I made this earring for a Christmas party a few months back. This was the first time I have ever made a filigree. A filigree is the middle, focal of this earring. It is normally used to hang things from or between beads.

This was my first time using twisted wire and I liked it. It was also the first time that I got to set a stone. Okay, not a stone ,but Czeck glass. Still! We're talking setting people. Of course my photography sucks here, but the bottom clear big is an Eygptian crystal. Very cool! With Valentine's day just around the corner I think I need to drag these out.




4 comments:

Little ol' Me said...

Holy crap those are awesome!

LOOOOVE IT!

We really need to get together still, I got busy, you got sick, I got sick...then I think you got busy again! I see an unpleasant trend here!

Email me a day we can get together for coffee and gossip!
Tiff

. said...

Thank you very much! Hey I STILL have your neutral set for ya. I will bring it when we make a date and see if it is something that you would like.

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous Cheryl....I think you are on to something here

G.G. said...

That is so pretty! I'm looking forward to your summer designs.